Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Do you have a soundtrack?

Are you all sick of hearing about my first 5K yet? Okay, good, because I am not tired of talking about it yet! :)

Although I have been told that "runners" don't listen to music when they run because they are "in the zone", I absolutely rely on my tunes to keep me chugging along. What's better than hitting a tough moment in your run and then all of a sudden Ke$ha comes flying through your ear buds and gives you that musical push you need? Yes, she may be covered in glitter, and I may be covered in sweat, but at that moment Ke$ha is a lifesaver and we are soul-sisters.

So, in honor of my adventure at the Womens Running Magazine Half-Marathon and 5K here is my soundtrack from the race:

  • "Ready to Go"- Republica
  • "Typical Situation"- Dave Matthews Band
  • "Club Can't Handle Me"- Flo Rida
  • "Now That We Found Love"- Heavy D and the Boyz
  • "Waking Up in Vegas"- Katy Perry
  • "Stronger"- Kayne West
  • "Empire State of Mind"- Jay Z
  • "If"- Janet Jackson
  • "Your Love Is My Drug"- Ke$ha
  • "Everyday"- Dave Matthews Band
  • "Stone Cold Yesterday"- The Connells
  • "Paparazzi"- Lady Gaga
  • "Right Now"- Van Halen
These were all great tunes and the only one I would have changed was "Ready to Go" by Republica. Its a great song to get pumped up to, but its over 5 minutes long and got boring after a bit.

What are your favorite work-out or running jams? Leave me a comment and let me know.

1 comment: