Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fathers Day Is Right Around the Corner!

With Fathers Day being right around the corner I thought I would share the kids gift to Palm Tree Dad last year. It was easy to make at a local paint-your-own-pottery place. I took the kids in one day and did the hand and foot prints, and then went in another day and finished the rest of the painting.

Here is the front of the platter:

Here is the back of the platter:


Palm Tree Dad is a big seafood fan and I thought this platter would be perfect to serve some of his favorites on-- lobsters and crabs!

The red lobster is made from my sons hand prints, and one foot print for the body and tail. The blue crab is made from my daughters hand prints. I cant wait to pull out the platter this year and see how they have grown!

Now, to come up with something equally as wonderful and sentimental for this year!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very adorable idea. It is amazing how sometimes the most simple things can turn into something really special. This is a great way to remember how much they have grown every year. This will serve as a reminder every time you display it with their father’s favorite seafood.


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete